Monday, October 05, 2015

Flipkart, you disappoint me!

1. Whenever I have purchased an e-book from Flipkart, it has taken minimum of 1 day for the book to be available in my account. Feels like, someone manually uploads the books to my account. So I had to stop buying them from Flipkart.

2. Then, one day I published a book :-) There is no way you can list an ebook on Flipkart directly. So I had to go through Smashwords. It took more than a month to get it listed on Flipkart. Another 2 weeks for it to appear in its search results, though it was already listed. And since then the ebook has constantly been Out of Stock :-) I mean, come on. An ebook out of stock? Subah se main hi mila kya? BTW, if you click on the search result and go to the book listing, you will be able to buy the ebook.

For this issue, I mailed/called their customer care multiple times. Mostly, they couldn't  understand what was I complaining about? I guess, no author ever called them to complain about his ebook being out of stock :-)

3. For the same book, I had printed a paperback version through Pothi.com and used their services to list the book on Flipkart. Again, it took more than a month to appear on Flipkart.  I don't know who is at fault here? Is Flipkart not digesting the feed from Pothi fast enough or is Pothi not feeding them on time? I guess Flipkart would be at fault here, since it takes ages to take the feed from Smashwords too whereas other book stores(tied up with Smashwords) listed the book the very next day.

Now contrast 2. and 3. with Amazon. You can upload an ebook to Kindle and it will be available in all of Amazon's countries in roughly 4 hours. Same goes for any edits you make to the Kindle version. There are no glitches mentioned above. Even the paperback version was listed without any hiccups.

4. Then, just now I bought Flipkart First 1 year subscription in the hope that I will get free delivery for every order. But seems like I got to wait, since my account isn't upgraded yet. Bhai log, aise kaise kaam chalega? Will someone manually upgrade my account? If not, then why isn't it done instantly?

No comments: