Sunday, May 08, 2011

California Suite Play Review and Piranha at B-Flat

Watched this play today at Alliance Francaise .
Actually I watched only first two parts, as the acting
wasn't that good. All the actors seemed novices.
Even the theater was not a very well built one,
but I had watched Extremities at not a very good
theater Kala Soudha but had enjoyed it. So I would
say it was the acting which I didn't like.

Since I gave up on the play in the middle of
it, simply roaming around I reached B Flat
in Indira Nagar. And luckily Piranha was playing.
Piranha playing at B Flat, Indira Nagar, Bangalore
Piranha playing at B Flat, Indira Nagar, Bangalore



I didn't know Piranha earlier, but now I won't forget
them. I did never enjoy rock music earlier but today I did.
I had a helluva time out there. So, thanks Piranha !
I got to shake hands with the drummer : George
and one of the guitarists : Shalini Mohan.



At Alliance Francaise  inside the toilets, there
was an interesting verse by Alfred de Musset :

Alfred de Musset's poem inside a toilet at Alliance Francaise, Bangalore



































Here is the original in French :
Vous qui venez ici
dans une humble posture

De vos flancs alourdis
décharger le fardeau

Veuillez quand vous aurez
Soulagé la nature

Et déposé dans l'urne
un modeste cadeau

Epancher dans l'amphore
un courant d'onde pure

Et sur l'autel fumant
placer pour chapiteau

Le couvercle arrondi
dont l'auguste jointure

Aux parfums indiscrets
doit servir de tombeau

And the translation :

Thou, in here
Take on a humble posture
To relieve yourself of your burden
After answering nature's call
After placing in the urn, nature's little gift
Please let flow sheer ripples of clear water
And bring down on this glorious recepient,
as decoration this rounded lid
Whose spartan structure like a tomb
will bury all traces of unpleasant odour


No comments: