Monday, January 04, 2010

3 Idiots vs. Chetan Bhagat controversy

So Chetan Bhagat says he wasn't given enough credit for the movie.
People from 3 Idiots say, he has been given enough.
They also say that not more than 5% of the movie is based
on his book.

I haven't seen the movie and I guess they are luring people like
me to watch this movie. I am one of those skeptics who believe that
if this movie is based on Chetan Bhagat's book, how different could
it be?

They are answering my doubts through TV channels and newpapers
and what not. I agree, if they had said it in a straightforward manner,
I wouldn't have listened. But as soon as it is in the form of a controversy,
I am all years. So yes, I have heard it loud and clear that :
not more than 5% of the movie is based
on his book.
Thanks a lot for clarification. I will go watch it.


It's free publicity for the producers and I guess Chetan Bhagat
is hands in glove with them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Both(producer and author) are selling their products by doing see.
Those who have read books, watching movie to verify and vice-versa. In fact some people may do both after this controversy.
Now a days, anything happen on media i see that with skeptic eye.

Anyway, lots of people in office are saying its good, so planning to watch this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.